|Park / Campground||Usage (day use, camping, etc.) - Legend||Opening and Closing|
|Rainbow Falls||May 19, 2023 to October 9, 2023|
|Rainbow Falls - Rossport||May 19, 2023 to October 9, 2023|
|Rainbow Falls - Whitesand Lake||May 19, 2023 to September 17, 2023|
Please note: Availability of some facilities and activities may be restricted to specific areas of the park, may be ecologically dependent, or may be seasonally weather dependent.
Regional Health Unit for this Park: Thunder Bay District Health Unit
(807) 824- 2298
Size: 575.59 ha
Year established: 1963
Park Classification: Recreational
P.O. Box 280, 1004 Hwy 17
What You'll Like:
- View the cascading waters as they plunge over the rock ledges of Rainbow Falls on their way to Lake Superior.
- Hike the trails which lead to panoramic views of Lake Superior and Whitesand Lake.
- The Rainbow Falls Trail located within the park is part of the 52 km Casque Isles Trail section of the Voyageur Trail that runs between the communities of Terrace Bay, Schreiber and Rossport.
- Camp at our Whitesand Lake location or along the rugged shore of Lake Superior at the Rossport Campground location.
- Take part in a variety of water sports in the warmer inland waters of Whitesand Lake or brave the cooler Lake Superior waters at the Rossport Campground.
- Located alongside the Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area (Parks Canada).
- Shake out the cobwebs with a hike along the Casque Isle Trail.