Experience Ontario Parks’ Backcountry
Experience Ontario Parks’ unparalleled hiking and paddling opportunities as you explore the wild lands and waters that tell the story of our natural and cultural heritage. Ontario Parks offers trips for every paddler and hiker, avid or beginner, seeking a weekend getaway, complete serenity or thrilling adventure.
Backcountry travel requires some specialized skills. Safety is of the utmost importance. Review the Safety and Etiquette tab for more information.
Outdoor trip planning? There’s an app for that.
- Explore some of your backcountry options on the Parks Blog.
- Paddle Restoule's Stormy Lake
- Grundy Lake is perfect for the beginner
- Frontenac offers many overnight hiking loops for explorers
- What can you do at Quetico Provincial Park that you can’t do anywhere else?
- True remoteness in wild Missinaibi
- Hike the La Cloche Silhouette Trail in Killarney